1. Articles from Alyson Shontell

    1-2 of 2
    1. How Tim Armstrong, a Hotshot Boston Sales Guy, Wowed Google's Founders, Built its Multi-Billion-Dollar Ad Business from Scratch, Then Became AOL's CEO

      How Tim Armstrong, a Hotshot Boston Sales Guy, Wowed Google's Founders, Built its Multi-Billion-Dollar Ad Business from Scratch, Then Became AOL's CEO

      Tim Armstrong is the CEO of AOL, and he will be the CEO of the combined AOL-Yahoo company under Verizon once that merger is completed.

      Before joining AOL, Armstrong was an executive at Google who helped build its advertising business from $700,000 a year to billions every quarter. He was also an expert advertising salesman and entrepreneur, and the first person to sell a $1 million digital-advertising deal, back when all the money was flowing to print and TV companies...

      Read Full Article
      Mentions: Google Amazon Twitter
    2. German Publishing Powerhouse Axel Springer Buys Business Insider for a Whopping $450 Million

      German Publishing Powerhouse Axel Springer Buys Business Insider for a Whopping $450 Million

      Business Insider, founded in 2007 by Henry Blodget, Dwight Merriman and Kevin Ryan, has been acquired by German publishing powerhouse Axel Springer for about $450 million.  Henry Blodget and Business Insider's President and COO Julie Hansen will remain at the helm. Axel Springer will own 97% of Business Insider while Jeff Bezos' investment arm will own the remaining 3%. Huffington Post co-founder Ken Lerer is joining Business insider's board of directors...

      Read Full Article
    1-2 of 2
  1. Categories

    1. BoardProspects Features:

      BoardBlogs, BoardKnowledge, BoardMoves, BoardNews, BoardProspects Announcements, BoardProspects CEO, CEO Blog, Competitor Corner, In the News, Member Report, Partner Publications, Question of The Week, Sponsored Content
  2. Topics in the News

    1. (8 articles) activist investor
    2. (8 articles) Board
    3. (3 articles) Nasdaq
    4. (2 articles) CEO
    5. (2 articles) Management
    6. (1 articles) Twitter
    7. (1 articles) Google
    8. (1 articles) Amazon
    9. (1 articles) Starbucks
    10. (1 articles) Apple
    11. (1 articles) Investment
    12. (1 articles) activist investor
    13. (1 articles) Qualtrics
    14. (1 articles) Lisa Garrett
    15. (1 articles) SAP
    16. (1 articles) Westport Fuel Systems
    17. (1 articles) Founder
    18. (1 articles) Innovation
  3. Popular Articles

  4. Picture Gallery

    German Publishing Powerhouse Axel Springer Buys Business Insider for a Whopping $450 Million How Tim Armstrong, a Hotshot Boston Sales Guy, Wowed Google's Founders, Built its Multi-Billion-Dollar Ad Business from Scratch, Then Became AOL's CEO CNX Bolsters Board of Directors and Management Team Heidi M. Hoeller Joins NBT Board of Directors Qualtrics Appoints Two New Board Members Lisa Garrett Joins Channel Medsystems Board of Directors Astadia Welcomes Mark Hogan to its Board of Directors Lightspeed Appoints Nathalie Gaveau and Dale Murray to its Board of Directors Torch Adds Cynthia Burks to its Board of Directors Westport Fuel Systems (WPRT) Appoints New Director Orion Group Holdings, Inc. Announces Board of Director Changes Ikena Appoints Richard Wooster, Ph.D., to its Board of Directors