Board Guru™ on: This Week’s Best Corporate Governance Resources for Board Members.
First, a new study: Men And Women Corporate Directors Remarkably Aligned On Strategy – But Not Diversity
For those of you seeking a public company board position, here are a few take-aways from the study:
• Skills gaps on boards – including technology expertise and talent management
• Astonishingly, only 1% of women and zero percent of men rated succession planning as their strongest area of board expertise Also, an interesting article Breaking the Cycle of Boardroom Bias
For those of you seeking a public company board position, here are a few take-aways from the article:
• International experience – Asia is of key interest to US organizations.
• Market leader experience, particularly alongside senior operating knowledge gained in China, India and Brazil.
• Exposure to digital/social media. • Courage and good judgment.
• Ability to chair an audit or remuneration committee originating in a financial or HR background.
• Experience of operational leadership in IPOs. That’s it for this week.
Enjoy reading these articles, and share your thoughts with us and with others in your organization. Information about the Board Guru™ eBook Series.