Ten Key Questions to Ask Before Joining a Board
So you’ve been invited to join a board of directors, now what?
In a recent article, Goodwin Procter’s Carl Metzger and Brian Mukherjee outlined the key considerations to evaluate before taking up the offer to join a company’s board.
- Is the company financially troubled?
- Do I understand how the company operates?
- Has the board or the company attracted litigation, investigations or other claims?
- What are the company’s prospects?
- What is the ‘tone at the top’ of the company?
- Is the board provided with adequate information and resources?
- Is the company committed to compliance?
- What level of indemnification is available from the company?
- What directors’ and officers’ insurance coverage is available to me?
- Is this board opportunity a good match for me?
To read their complete advice about joining a board, read the full article here.